Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Setting up Media Queries for 2 Device Sizes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cpk33
    Participant

Hello All,

This forum is awesome – just wanted to preface with that. Thanks for all of your help. I have an interesting issue in that I simply want my site to look the same on an tablets as it does on my desktop. I am using

@media screen and (min-width : 300px) and (max-width: 600px) {

and for my viewport I am using

For some reason my site is squished and not displaying properly on an iPad, although my mobile version looks fine. Im not sure if that is enough info, and can provide more if necessary. Thanks for all of your help!

-Craig

CrocoDillon
    Participant

That MQ won’t target iPads at all (768px portrait and 1024px landscape iirc)

Paulie_D
    cpk33
    Participant

I realize it wont target iPads, that was my intention. I only want my site to change for mobile devices. Thanks for the quick responses

Paulie_D

>I realize it wont target iPads, that was my intention. I only want my site to change for mobile devices.

The Ipad **IS** a mobile device.

Unless we see the site we can’t target what the problem might be. However, if the site is wider than 768 (or 1024) it’s NOT going to look the same on tablets as it does on desktops.

cpk33
    Participant

Gotcha. Yea you are right, i meant smartphones… ok here is the link

[webdev4](http://webdev4.cns.utexas.edu “cns”)

Thanks

Paulie_D

Looks like there is a breakpoint at c.500px that you might need to look at.

cpk33
    Participant

got it working – strange viewport scaling issue. Works when it is set at .7 Thanks everyone .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.