Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Session_start(); errors, need help ASAP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cyanoxide
    Participant

Right, just recently I’ve started getting error messages at the top of my pages going on about not being able to send headers and whatnot.

"Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/chobe1/public_html/scotland.php:1) in /home/chobe1/public_html/base.php on line 1"

They only show up when my client adds text onto the page and I assumed he must of edited something extra by accident but I checked and everything is the same and I can’t work out why it’s happening, I don’t think he wants a massive error message above the majority of his pages.

All I know that could be causing it is that he is editing it in notepad and I’m editing mine in dreamweaver, normally I wouldn’t point something silly like that but it’s the only difference, if anyone wants to try to help let me know and I’ll link you to the pages. so you can see for your self.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

Sure hang on but it is at the top of the page, it’s in a <php? include ?> though

the page the sesion is in is

Code:

Don’t ask me why it’s like that, my friend did it a while back and I’ve had no problems until the last week.

and on the pages it shows up on the include is before everything on line 1.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

Here are all the pages linked to it:

http://stranded-uk.com/itemLeic1.php
    The actually displayed page:

Code:

Stranded UK: Events

?Stranded UK: Leicester 5th March?

STRANDED LEICESTER returns for the LAST time before summer! This is one event you will not want to miss out on!! For the first time ever STRANDED LEICESTER will be meeting with 2 other cities for the wildest bar crawl ever!

? Stranded T-shirt

? FREE shot in every venue!

? Drinks prizes on the coach!

? RETURN travel to a mystery city!

? FREE entrance into ALL bars and clubs!

? Games and goodies throughout the night!

? 100’s of students from all over the country in one big super club!

By clicking the buy now button you are agreeing to are terms and conditions.

Sizes

Purchases can be made without a Stranded account, however if you do wish to make an account in order to save time for future purchases please click here.

If you do not wish to make an account and just wish to purchase a shirt please click the button below to continue to checkout.

The base file from earlier:

Code:

The navagation bar, no php but it’s connected through an include:

and I believe that’s it, it’s probably something silly I missed because I’m not to strong with php but still.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

In which file, I don’t see it.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

So there might be hidden characters? That kind of helps but I have no clue how I would go about removing them.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

Yea, that was the problem, I used Notepad++ and encoded it to UTF-8 without BOM and it did the trick, thank you so much (:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.