Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other SEO Questions…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nchipping

Hi,

I’m new to SEO in general, and wanted to know if anyone out there knows an answer to this question…

So, I own a site that is my company name that I am currently developing (deepfrogdesign.com), but if I own other domains and forward them to it – for instance, [city_name]design.com, or [state_name]development.com, etc. – would that be helpful in SEO? In other words, would it be helpful to forward the other domains to my main company name domain? Would it even matter? I just don’t know, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

APokoj
    Participant

From my understanding, I believe that to be a negative effect on your search engine "rank" because your taking your pagerank and splitting it between "X" number of domains.

Whereas if you used one domain all SEO work would be pointing towards the main domain.

In my honest opinion, it will either not matter at all or it will negatively affect your search engine ratings… and on top of that your product/service branding wont be as effective.

There is no needs to promote two websites and divert one website’s traffic to another one’s rather than you should focus on only one site and make promotions for the same.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.