Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

SEO Questions…

• # May 13, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Hi,

I’m new to SEO in general, and wanted to know if anyone out there knows an answer to this question…

So, I own a site that is my company name that I am currently developing (deepfrogdesign.com), but if I own other domains and forward them to it – for instance, [city_name]design.com, or [state_name]development.com, etc. – would that be helpful in SEO? In other words, would it be helpful to forward the other domains to my main company name domain? Would it even matter? I just don’t know, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

# May 13, 2010 at 7:34 pm

It would be completely irrelevant unless you actually had a separate and what would be for all purposes a different website that targeted and had relevant content that corresponded with your city targeted url.

I don’t really know if Google frowns upon setting up a ton of urls that lead back to a master website, but I don’t really think they care as long as you aren’t trying to pull any funny stuff. For the most part, if all you are doing is trying to make it easier for your customers to find your website, then it will be a wash in terms of SEO. Google is simply going to look at your main website and judge it solely upon the content that it contains.

Someone feel free to correct me but that’s how I understand it today :)

# May 19, 2010 at 1:14 pm

From my understanding, I believe that to be a negative effect on your search engine "rank" because your taking your pagerank and splitting it between "X" number of domains.

Whereas if you used one domain all SEO work would be pointing towards the main domain.

In my honest opinion, it will either not matter at all or it will negatively affect your search engine ratings… and on top of that your product/service branding wont be as effective.

# May 20, 2010 at 6:00 am

There is no needs to promote two websites and divert one website’s traffic to another one’s rather than you should focus on only one site and make promotions for the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".