Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Seeking Feedback & Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gheidorn

Hello friends,

I made a website for real-time baseball boxscores right when Google App Engine came out, which involved hastily teaching myself some python and Django templating, but left little to my design. Now that it’s up and running decently for a couple months, I want to revisit the design (both via PC and iPhone).

I would love any suggestions, but please keep in mind my goals for the site:

1. Simplicity. The point of the site is to quickly get a look at the scores of MLB games, while allowing people to drive deeper into a game if they want. I don’t want bells and whistles at cost of rendering time, etc. Any neat tricks must be quick and easy.
    2. JQuery only. I don’t want to learn another JavaScript library, nor do I want to do too much combining of libraries (performance!).
    3. Sharp, hip look & feel. This is what I am struggling with … I can physically do the coding, design and image work no problem, it’s the creativity and vision for design that I lack (damn programmer’s brain).
    [/list:u]

Anyway, let me know what you think. Also, if you have any ideas for new features, I’d love to hear them. After the design stuff, I’m going to write an iPhone app and a Facebook app for this that allows someone to select their favorite team and only get that score.

Boxscore Junkie
    http://boxscore-junkie.appspot.com

-Greg

gheidorn
    "cybershot" wrote:
    well it looks good and plain. I think it would work well for those who know what all the info means. I do think it would be better if you listed the parks and then when the user clicked it then it would show the data. As it is now, I would have to check every box to find the one I want. I might not want to spend that much time.

So are you suggesting that I make the entire "game box" clickable, so that the user doesn’t need to click the "boxscore" or "highlights" link? Maybe add some sort of hover indicator as the user hovers over each game box?

One thing I was thinking was tabbing the boxscore/playbyplay/pitchbypitch/hightlights page. I can implement an ajax call to populate the tabs as they are clicked (wouldn’t want to process the data for each page all at once..though I guess I could try it first to see if response time truly degrades).

Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.