Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Scalable Hosting?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

A practical piggyback to the MT buyer by Godaddy, I’m wondering if it’s time to really investigate some of these scalable hosting platforms instead of going to something like just another VPS server and move eventually away from MT.

Does anyone use something like Amazon or Rackspace? I’m curious what happened if anyone dove into it and found it was either significantly better, worse or just didn’t really seem to make a difference at all.

I’m starting to seriously research it but if anyone could offer some insight it would be greatly appreciated!

chrisburton
    Participant

Hey, Josh. You should contact Jessica Hische. She uses Rackspace and might be able to give you some insight. It just may take a week for her to reply.

What exactly are your needs?

chrisburton
    Participant

Although RamNode is unmanaged, that is an option with them. I have to say that I’m not sure what goes on behind the curtain when scaling up. Such as moving to a larger server or if your account is just allotted with more space. You should contact the hosting companies with that question to see what is involved.

TheDoc

Based on my experience, I wouldn’t recommend Rackspace. I just haven’t enjoyed working on the platform. I know they’ve been making some improvements in the UI, but right now it’s just unnecessarily complicated.

Dustin
    Participant

I agree. Rackspace seems overrated. I’d go with something like Veerotech or even GeekStorage. Site5 might even be decent.

Dustin
    Participant

You might also check out DigitalOcean if you’re still interested in an unmanaged cloud or VPS server.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.