Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Safari & Chrome latest downloads

• # September 7, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Hey everyone,

Has anyone noticed a problem with safari & chrome?

I am noticing that if I keep some elements with the same width and centre my page, safari & chrome shift an element over to the left by about 1px…..

check my blog: http://www.honeycomb-web.co.uk/wordpress/

the header there moves over to the left by about 1px safari & chrome but is fine in IE & FF…….

has anyone else noticed any problems with them?

# September 8, 2009 at 12:10 am

my problems have been with firefox. Ever since I downloaded the new version, It has been crashing and forgeting passwords and freezing up on me. I have to restart my computer when that happens. I am going to stop using it until the new version comes out. I really liked firefox too.

# September 8, 2009 at 6:20 am
    "cybershot" wrote:
    my problems have been with firefox. Ever since I downloaded the new version, It has been crashing and forgeting passwords and freezing up on me. I have to restart my computer when that happens. I am going to stop using it until the new version comes out. I really liked firefox too.

have you totalyy got rid of all extensions/themes??
    if not do this before you get rid of FF.

then if it still does it, get rid of FF and all associated directories, every single one.

then go for a total clean instal, this is what I had to do, not on this version, but on last version.
    it sounds more like a corrupt profile…..

but my problem is weird in that it is just the blog part that is not working properly, but the rest of the site is…. and they are roughly the same in code, just a couple of differences, now, but even when it was the same code it never looked hte same

# September 8, 2009 at 12:22 pm

how do i get rid of the directories and extensions and whatever else you said.

# September 8, 2009 at 12:35 pm

what system you got?

if it is windows, then uninstall ff, get rid of the directory in program files
    then go to your documents & settings>user>app data>mozilla>FF delete this….

if you have any more users in documents & settings try and see if any other FF folder is in them also

once you know there is no more FF directories, then do a fresh install, and only input one extension at a time, if it goes back to crashing it may be an extension, but right now it definitely sounds like a profile issue

here it is from horses mouth so to speak:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox

# September 8, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Sometimes simply removing the profile folder itself will do the trick, too. Start Firefox with the Run prompt using "firefox.exe -P" and create a new profile, then go to "%APPDATA%MozillaFirefoxProfilesxxxxxxxx.default" in Explorer and delete the default profile. I’ve had to do that before, back when Firefox 3 came out I think.

Back on topic, though, I hadn’t noticed that, ikthius. I’m upgrading Safari 4 as I speak, though.

# September 8, 2009 at 2:24 pm

I have found that when a page goes on long enough to make the scroll bar at the right hand side appear, this is when the header moves slightly more than the rest, although the code is:
    margin-right:auto;
    margin-left:auto;
    text-align:center; //for ie

# September 8, 2009 at 2:47 pm

anywhere I have been it was always suggested to make even pixelled elements odd, but the only thing that really worked was making my bg image 1 px less, but still does not look/fit 100% in safari

# September 8, 2009 at 3:14 pm

a fix…….

I went into my header and added:
    padding-left:1px;

it works perfectly in:
    IE8
    FF 3.5.2
    Safari 4.0.3
    Chrome 2.0.172.43

I don’t know why this happened, but I have never encountered this before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".