Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Reworded.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve reworded the question.

Paulie_D

You’re going to hate me but I wouldn’t code it quite like you have.

Within the container, I would have two ‘master’ divs (one for the sidebar area and the second for the content)

See something like: http://codepen.io/joe/pen/vygft

Anonymous
    Inactive

Updated the code to have two divs as you suggested, since that does make sense. I must still be missing something because the dark gray content area is still not going the full height of the page, even though the div wrapping both sides is set to min-height: 100%.

Paulie_D

Have you set the body, html & ‘wrapper’ to 100% height (not min-height)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, the reset always had :

html, body { height:100%; }

If I change the container (wrapper) from min-height to height, no change occurs. If I then add _height: 100%_ to _#bside_ then it goes the full height BUT if the content in bside goes beyond the height of the browser, no scroll occurs so it just isn’t displayed. Not what I need.

Paulie_D

Ah…well that’s a different issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Setting #bside or #contentframe to _position: absolute_ has the same effect. Looks right but doesn’t function properly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That doesn’t seem to solve what I’m asking at all. Again, the reset in the CSS already has body and html set to height 100%

Paulie_D

@jurotek

The line-height was merely a placeholder to centre the text in that specific codepen. I would never use it like that IRL.

Paulie_D
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Reworded.’ is closed to new replies.