Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Review my latest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    soap
    Participant

I’ll accept any sort of criticism/praise with no hard feelings.

Still a couple of tweeks to be made, but almost done.

http://www.gilleardmarketing.com

cpj238

Hey soap, I’ve seen ya around the board, good suggestions for other people, so I thought I’d give ya some input on this one :)

Drop Down Menu, add text-align:center; to .menu_body – this will keep consistency with your buttons

Drop Down Menu hover, try using a background color change, rather than bold text on hover, just keep font weight normal

Drop Down Menu on mouseOut, it stays, is this what you want? Most I see / use will go back to hidden on mouseOut

Flash header, try jquery, you’ll get the same effect, even the text (graphic 4th image) easier to add more images later on

Buttons below Newsletter, try making each of these a different background color? I get that the site likes white, but this could be a good way to draw the eye.

Links that go to a different site should have target="_blank" so that your visitors don’t have to hit back to get to your site.

I don’t like seeing sites using Transitional Docktype, CSS-Tricks uses strict, which is good, but I like what google uses: <!doctype html> Its simple, cross browser, and I love it! Transitional will give you more headaches in the long run.

hmm what else…ah I know

Footer, the links with the border, axe that, make the links #666666 and the copyright #888888, put the copyright under the links, and vertically center the two, i did it through firebug, and it looks pretty darn good.

I’m not trying to be picky, but help overall, i love getting long posts on my sites, helps me in the long run :)

Hope this helps!

~ Chris

soap
    Participant

Hey, good suggestions man. Thanks.

As for the dropdown, I intend on making it go back up on mouse out, just slammed and haven’t gotten around to it yet.

I’ll put some of your suggestions to the test and see how it comes out.

Thanks!

AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "cpj238" wrote:
    Links that go to a different site should have target="_blank" so that your visitors don’t have to hit back to get to your site.

I don’t like seeing sites using Transitional Docktype

Good points, but if I’m not mistaken isn’t it invalid code to have target="_blank" in a HTML 4.0 strict doctype?

takeyo

You’ve made a toolbox for the buttons… If you drive a long each button you don’t see exactly how the text change. Try a JQuery fade effect for mouseover/out. I’m not really sure about this, but try it ;)
    (Sorry for the bad English – I’m German :oops: )

Hey, awesome site…. I just love the navigation bar by the way ;)
    Oh and if you could just show which is the current page on the navigation bar then it would be just great!

soap
    Participant

ahh!! I made this thread so long ago and didn’t thank a couple of people. Thank you anybody who replied.

That’s all. :)

Rob MacKay
    Participant

haha Soap :) *wave*

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.