Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Responsive web design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    moody
    Participant

Hello lovely people

I am learning web design . so rather than start by doing small work I decide to start by doing large project piece by piece .

I thought that building online shop is nice and challenging idea . since it will have PHP,CSS,java-script and more room to learn more and useful staff .

Anyway i found this website that behave differently when i brows them on mobile like iPhone and android .

VictoriaSecret…
    Sunglass Hut

it not just resizing or changing layout it feel for me that it completely different design patten .

what is the technology behind changing the whole page on desktop and mobile ? is it just pure CSS and java-script ? .

or dose it directed to another page the specifically design for mobile screen ?

why it dose not change the layout when i resize the browse to mobile screen but it work perfectly on mobile i mean how it knows?
    is it magic ?

I know they are large companions but it the technology that the use it so awesome that it feel like almost an app when use their website .I just download their app the website actually faster .

Can anyone please give me good source about Responsive web design
    that fit similarly to the site mentions above

cheers

__
    Participant

I am learning web design . so rather than start by doing small work I decide to start by doing large project piece by piece .

I thought that building online shop is nice and challenging idea . since it will have PHP,CSS,java-script and more room to learn more and useful staff .

I don’t mean to be blunt, so please don’t be offended:
    this is the wrong approach.

Jumping into a large, advanced project —especially one like a shop, where everything will be inter-dependent on everything else— is not a good way to start learning. It will be overwhelming. Starting with smaller projects is a better approach. Once you’ve learned how to do a lot of smaller tasks, then a larger project will become more practical.

I would suggest starting with HTML. Then CSS. It is very important that you have a strong foundation with these before starting with programming languages that write/interact with them (i.e., PHP/javascript).

Can anyone please give me good source about Responsive web design
    that fit similarly to the site mentions above

Maybe start here.

nixnerd
    Participant

I would learn these things in this order:

1. HTML
    2. CSS
    3. Javascript
      3.5. JS library like jQuery
    4. PHP/Python/Node/(insert back-end language/technology here)
    5. Databases

Jumping in and trying to learn them all at once will leave you confused and defeated. Conversely… if you buckle down and build one skill at a time, you could be relatively proficient in as little as 6 months!

moody
    Participant

Offended!! Not at all actually I am grateful and happy for your reply.

Here the thing I have good knowledge on the basis of HTML, CSS,PHP,MySql. And I have worked with python for good time.

However, I didn’t think that learning programing is like reading large novel book you need to start from the first page on order to understand it. It more like learn human language you listen, talk, read, wright.

In my experience of learn English which very different language of mine “Arabic” I start learn more quickly when I start using the language, rather than learning grammar and remembering words. So I just go to random people or native speakers and start debate with them on rich topics like politics, cultures, sciences, religions, sports as crazy as it sound it actually worked for me .

I did learn C and java on collage and got good marks. However, it all gone after 4 years.

Sure this is not easy project which involve more than just, programing and design and not going to finish soon.

This is the point , I don’t want this to be done in known time nor to complete at any time, it is “a goal to learn and improve”, since no one will master everything on web design.

I am not aiming to the moon, I can see my result everyday despite the frustration and the confusion that i might have, I choose this to be fun not work assignment so I can go back and forth to anything I want .

So here my goal.
    1- Design the page layout with HTML
    2- Redesign with HTML, CSS
    3- Add simple PHP code
    4-Store data in Database,
    5- Adding java-script, jQuery
    6- Redesign the whole thing aging and start over

Anyway Thanks Traq , joe , soronbe

nixnerd
    Participant

Anyway Thanks Traq , joe , soronbe

Look at this guy. Had the decency to look up my old username!

The only reason I say to learn JS before any back-end is because I think focusing on front-end is important before bringing in too many abstractions. ESPECIALLY if you have a passion for UI/UX. The other nice thing about it is the fact that JS pretty much rules the web in every way imaginable. And once you know it… you can make a more informed decision about what back-end technology you might want to focus on. If you already know JS… well, Node won’t be too hard and it’s gaining steam quick!

Just my thoughts and it could be because I’m really loving JS lately :)

…That and I hate PHP.

__
    Participant

Thanks Traq , joe , soronbe

You’re welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.