Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Responsive site – mobile view bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Janice
    Participant

For the mobile view, a nav menu toggles open and closed. When I toggle it closed and enlarge the browser window, the nav is hidden and I cannot get it to be visible unless I refresh the page.
    I tried display: block and visibility: visible on the element, but it somehow gets overwritten.

I think something is missing in the main.js doc ready statement.
    Codepen link: http://codepen.io/j-nice/full/BrIbA

Any ideas?
    Gracias.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Create a different nav element and have the original nav hide on a certain browser width, and have the other nav(mobile one) display when the browser reaches that mobile width. You would have to hide the mobile one when the page loads.

Janice
    Participant

hmmm, I tried that but it wasn’t working out well. I was hoping there was a js solution…

michaeljalmond
    Participant

Maybe a little bit hacky but try display: block !important; on the ul (in the 768ish and up stylesheet) or whatever gets hidden, that should overwrite the js when the window is expanded back to non mobile view.

ChrisP
    Participant

What @michaeljalmond said..while people frown on `!important`, that’s your easiest solution, because `display: hidden` is an inline-style created by the js, so just using `display: block !important` at your media query for large screens will overwrite the inline style.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here you go. http://codepen.io/Jarolin/pen/FBvpw

Re-size the frame and the desktop version hides, while the mobile one with different styles shows, It should be working for you.

Janice
    Participant

Been swamped with other work, so I haven’t implemented anything yet. But I can’t wait to try out these great fixes. Thank you guys for the awesome info!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.