Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Responsive Portfolio Site Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jkinney768
    Participant

I just launched a new version of my portfolio site. It has a blog, but it’s basically empty since I haven’t blogged before, but I’m really looking forward to getting in to it. Anyway, I’d love some critique on the new site to see if there are areas where I can make it better. I’m not much of a designer, so those areas I’d really like to hear about. Any thoughts are appreciated. Here is the link [http://jasonkinney.me/](http://jasonkinney.me/http://jasonkinney.me/”)

jkinney768
    Participant

Thanks! Yeah, I’m not good at coming up with designs either and took me forever to settle on something. I do agree I could use a little more line height to make reading a bit easier.

jurotek
    Participant

Nicely done! Increase of paragraph font-size to .875em; would be nice.

elmsoftware

Found typo…
    In your header, one of the refreshes read…
    **Front-End Developer // Blackhaws Fan**

Blackhaws is missing the ‘k’.

Your site looks cool.

elmsoftware

Minor thought…
    The footer element ‘Hit Me With Your Best Shot’ is long and can force a wrap and then there is some slight dissonance in the footer. It would be nice if the footer headers are all the same height if possible.

elmsoftware

Second minor thought…
    In the Site Map (bottom right section) the first element ‘Home’ is pretty far down, looks like it could be bumped up to be more level with everything.

Interested to see if you can get your face in your favicon as well.

jkinney768
    Participant

Thanks for the input..ill definitely use them to improve my site

jkinney768
    Participant

I’ve taken most of these suggestions and applied them. I’m still thinking about some of the footer changes and the best way to do it. I was really hoping someone would notice what my illustration does as you scale down the browser :)

Josh
    Participant

I don’t really have much to add, except possibly a different font choice for body text, but I just wanted to say I like the wave. ;)

jkinney768
    Participant

Thank you…any suggestions for body text? I’ve never been too great at choosing/pairing fonts well. I figured a simple sans-serif would be fine.

jurotek
    Participant

I experimented with font pairing lately I found that headings in sans-serif font weight 600 and paragraph text in serif like Georgia looked pretty good to me.

chrisburton
    Participant

We can do better than “websafe” fonts. Check Webtype’s RE webfonts.

I still love Matthew Carter

jkinney768
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll definitely have to try some of these out tonight.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.