Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Responsive Design Help

• # May 1, 2012 at 12:39 am

Hi Tricksters,
    Help me out a little here. Maybe I’m just tired and down a few IQ points, but I’m having an issue with my portfolio site, and can’t seem to find a solution. It’s a responsive design with 3 layouts: 960, 720, 360. Everything looks and works great, but the mobile layout when viewing on my iphone is off-centered to the right a bit. Is my #wrapper just too large? I thought 360 was the standard, no?

Take a look here

Also, does anyone know of a good static column plugin that works well responsively? The one I was using on my work detail pages would let the column resize when the window was dragged in. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

# May 1, 2012 at 12:45 am

I am not sure. It is hard to test without being able to try different things. Can you try adding a margin-right to your body or wrapper? Forcing the page to the right more?

# May 1, 2012 at 3:32 am

Your body has a 10px padding which seems to be forcing the page right. You haven’t accounted for this padding in your layout basically. So either adjust the wrapper width down by 20px or remove the body padding on your mobile styles.

I did it via Firebug and it works fine.

# May 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Ah, I see now. Thanks, Andy. It’s one of those boilerplate base styles…

Cheers!

# May 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Actually, I take that back. That was my addition. DOH!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".