Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Responsive Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pctechtv
    Participant

When I go to an iPhone Simulator I see that many (big company) web sites webpages do not fit in the iPhone simulator. I though the goal was to deliver pages that fit any device I tried a bunch of sites like Nike IBM even Apple. The only site I have seen have a responsive site for all sizes is Adobe. It seems like these site are responsive down to the size of a tablet but that is it. Is there more to this than I am understanding? Are these sites not bothering with responsiveness down to the iPhone or Android sizes? Thanks

bonniemack
    Participant

Well I think it has been compulsory to build your website mobile friendly because as we are seeing that mobile users are increasing day by day. So one should use responsive theme for their upcoming projects so that their website would be able to access from any screen resolution devices whether it is an iPhone, tablets and iPads as well.

MOD EDIT – Spam link removed.

nixnerd
    Participant

Responsive sites are NOT the norm yet. They should be… but they’re not. Apple to my knowledge STILL does not have a responsive site. Or… they didn’t for a long time. THEY MAKE THE DAMN PHONE and clearly they couldn’t be bothered to create a website for it.

I guess… once they’ve sold the phone to you… why would they care if you like the way their site looks on it? :)

pctechtv
    Participant

bonniemack

I have been experimenting with grid style CSS starters like Skeleton, and I love it. I was just trying to see some examples of well made responsive sites. Adobe seems to be a good example. Thanks

Joe_Temp

Your response is great and hilarious. Thanks

John
    Participant

You can’t really rely on a simulator to see if a web site is responsive. I put in my sister’s website and it shows it as normal. It’s because I have a plugin that detects if it’s a mobile device, then responds accordingly.

pctechtv
    Participant

John

Good to know, Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.