Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS responsive bg image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    asma
    Participant

i am making a responsive web design. i have a div with background image and this div is taking 100% of the body and padding bottom of 64%.it works perfectly responsive, but my problem is when i make another div with same background-image,padding bottom and 100% width and preview it in browser the hight of the first div shrinks. my question is why first div shrinks when secon div is placed just after it?

sadunaresh
    Participant
    100% of the body

both width and height…?

a PEN would help us in helping you….

Paulie_D

this div is taking 100% of the body and padding bottom of 64%

I’d love to know why it needs that much bottom padding.

asma
    Participant

the container div is taking 100% of the screen. that much bottom padding is to set its hight.

asma
    Participant

what i mean to say is that much bottom padding is to resolve hight issue.is there any other way to set hight for responsive background images? plz a code pen would be helpfull for responsive background image.

Junni
    Participant

Dear Asma AOA, first you have to give a code pen about you problem then it will be more easy for us to solve that problem

Paulie_D
    asma
    Participant

http://jsfiddle.net/mEuEe/ here is my code.the width of the wrapper div shrinks with the browser size but not the hight whigh makes the background image elongated. how to make hight responsive?

Paulie_D

Try using background-size: cover;

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.