Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Requests for quotes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    JamesBarnsley
    Participant

I have two questions …

How many quotes do you get asked for in a month? How many unique visitors does your site get in a month?

The reason I am asking is because my site is getting around 200 unique visitors a month and I am getting no conversions. I have waited around 8 months and no conversions.

James.

Melindrea
    Participant

I’d look over Analytics and see where you seem to be losing the customer. Maybe your call to action isn’t clear enough? Maybe the page is too busy? Maybe it’s too slow? Maybe the call to action is too obvious!

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

Can I ask are you in a similar situation or does your website get conversions?

James.

Melindrea
    Participant

My personal website doesn’t get any conversions, but the company I work for gets quite a few conversions, both people calling in and mailing. We also do a lot of adwords and bing marketing, so…

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Ok thanks for the advice.

TheDoc

Have you done any word-of-mouth promoting? Outside of just putting up the website, what type of marketing techniques have you used? What do you consider a ‘conversion’?

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Well a conversion would be a sale via any means. However what I am looking for is a few quote requests through my website. I can get work if I look for it but I am wanting the work to come to me.

TheDoc

but I am wanting the work to come to me.

That is not an easy task. You’d be lucky to get a > 1% conversion. You can’t run a freelance business by sitting back and letting the work come to you, certainly not initially. I suppose after a certain amount of time and accolade you could be in that position, but that’s maybe 10 firms in the entire world. Even big companies need to go out and look for work.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Yes what I really want is like 3 – 6 quote requests per week through my contact form.

chrisburton
    Participant

but I am wanting the work to come to me.

Yes what I really want is like 3 – 6 quote requests per week through my contact form.

But how do you expect that to actually happen?

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

By getting web traffic through blogging.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Yes I am doing blogging.

johnnyb
    Participant

3-6 inquiries a week on 200 uniques a month is quite a high expectation. Just for reference, I get about 5000 uniques a month and perhaps 7 inquiries a week, about 3 of which are actually decent leads that I end up pursuing. It’s all about positioning though and getting the right kind of leads. Blogging about relevant topics which people will find useful, boost your site’s visibility and position you as an authority is certainly a good starting point, but you’ve got to be willing to put in the leg work to get yourself into a position where you can expect people to come to you rather than going out and finding them.

As a side note, I actually find that my best clients tend to be agencies. They pay well, provide a pretty stable flow of projects and handle the process professionally. If you’re interested in working with some and they aren’t finding you then go and reach out to them.

JamesBarnsley
    Participant

Hi JohnnyB,

This is the exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Just a couple more questions do you use Google Analytics to get your website stats, because my AWStats actually says I get 800 uniques per month when Google Analytics says I get 200.

Also do you have a link to your website you could give me?

James.

johnnyb
    Participant

Hey, yeah I use Google Analytics for stats. I’m not sure how AWStats works but it’s possible that it may be recording hits from search/spam bots which are skewing your numbers. Sure, my website is johndoesdesign.com. It’s a little outdated as I’m focusing my efforts on another venture at the moment and haven’t been doing much client work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.