Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Replacing words in attributes.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    TerryWillard

Wordpress loves to add attributes to links, many of which I can’t seem to find a way of editing. In particular links generated with ‘wp_list_categories’ and ‘wp_tag_cloud’.

You’ll find that when you hover your mouse over these links a ‘title attribute’ will shove in something like "3 topics" or "View all posts filed under Blogging".

In my case I’d rather the words ‘topics’ and ‘posts’ be change changed to something more appropriate for the site I’m working on, in this case ‘items’ or ‘products’ would be better.

However I can not for the life of me manage to get the title attribute (from the generated link), find and replace the word(s) (in this case ‘topics’ and ‘posts’) to the words ‘items’.

So to change:

Code:

and

Code:

to this

Code:

and

Code:

It’s a very small change I know, but if I’m using WordPress for something other than Blogging then referring to everything as a post or topic is a little odd. I suppose removing the title attribute is an option to (Gonna need help on that to)

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.