Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Related to transparent png problem on old ie browsers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    o-d

I tried some of the ways to solve it. but cannot find a proper fix for it. Which of the transparent png fix way do you prefer?

I quit using transparent png’s all together except when i NEED them. just to much of a pain. none of the JS ever worked right for me and just wasn’t worth the time. for experimenting it’s awesome. if you could care less about the gray box they’re awesome. for practical application i stick with what i know works.

I just build a IE6.css stylesheet where i put my alpha filters in. Unless im using background position, than ill just replace the PNG with a gif.

And i use PHP or javascript to automaticly scan the use to see with browser type they are using, and add the corresponding stylesheet to it, :)

Hawke

Yup, that’s one way to do it, and that’s probably the way I would use too.
    2x more job, but meh, you get something that work on every major browser :)

welshstew

I just usually end up using a .gif, or if using a .png then will use a conditional css file for ie6 with alpha filters

Hawke

Yeah, .gif also work.
    In fact I just realised that’s the way I use the most :O

Oscar

Hello!!

This one saved my life, just place it anywhere between the <head> </head> tags

Code:
    Mavericks
    Participant
    ".V1" wrote:
    U do know that your scripts applies to ALL ie’s above 5,5… so also ie 7 and 8 which have no problems with PNG.

"Oscar" wrote:
    Hello!!

This one saved my life, just place it anywhere between the <head> </head> tags

Code:

Just change your <!–[if gte IE 5.5000]> to <!–[if lt IE 7.]> This script is the same as the file I posted previously. I just use an include instead of posting the entire script inside the head of each page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.