Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Redesigned my blog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jayzon277

Hi!

I just redesigned my blog today. If you’ve got a minute left, take a look at it. It’s pretty basic, no background images or other fancy stuff. You won’t be able to do much over there, most stuff is written in german ;-)

If you find any errors please report them. My theme should validate XHTML 1.0 Transitional. One more thing: I added an extra div for IE users (-> conditional comments), which sugggest the download of a more secure & faster browser. Thought that could help people making the "right" choice :-D

I’d like to add a little background image, something like the white flower on http://stylespion.de/. Has anyone an idea where I could get an image like that one? That would be really awesome. I have no idea about photoshop, gimp etc., otherwise I’d try to get it done by myself. Perhaps a good opportunity to start working on my photoshop skills :-)

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Looks like your wrap is at 800px. I’d think you could open up a bit more, to the ever-popular 960px perhaps, and give your sidebars a little more breathing room. All that white just opens up so many possibilities! I think this might be a good site for trying out a fixed-position background image. You can occasionally find some great free stuff at http://www.sxc.hu/ as far as stock photography.

jayzon277

The sidebars are the one thing I wasn’t confident about.

I changed the total width & gave each sidebar more room, as you suggested. At the same time, I changed the width properties from px to em to get the design more flexible. Worked out pretty good I think. But I’ll have to test IE though :?

Thanks for the links, too! Looks like there’s great stuff to discover on these sites. But that will have to wait a bit since I’m in office right now 8-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.