Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

redesign

• # August 8, 2008 at 6:34 am

Hey guys,
    I’m back! And with a new look on my website.http://www.sarah-neuber.de
    I’d appreciate any comments.
    Thanks

# August 8, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I like the use of the slider, how the thumbnail sits nicely in that frame, pretty clever. Looks like you could lose the tabs up top, as all that stuff is covered right on the front page, and the look a little misleadingly like links.

# August 8, 2008 at 4:02 pm

that is a pretty cool looking site, but I’m in agreement with Chris that the tabs at the top look a lot like they should be links. I get the design aspect of why they’re there, but I think at the very list they should be anchor links to that particular section on the page.

# August 9, 2008 at 4:10 am

Thanks for pointing that out. Wil be fixed :)

# August 9, 2008 at 4:33 pm

Really cool design! I thought the websites wasn’t finished yet, because the tabs were not working, but now I read the other replies I see that that wasn’t even the plan? Well remove them then indeed ;) But for the rest: I like it! 8-)

# August 10, 2008 at 8:20 am

In addition to the above comments, the site does not validate to the The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)…

You can view more details by going to:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sarah-neuber.de%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

Other than that, great work!

MB

# August 10, 2008 at 4:16 pm

@mohamedbitar
    Yes, I saw that but did not know what to do to correct those errors. Could you perhaps help me out?

# August 10, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Nice and trendy design, though there’s one issue that confused me:
    On the portfolio-slides, the different projects/showcases was numbered, which I then carelessly labeled as different screenshots/whatever – not different projects. You get what I mean? Personally I don’t look for numerical information when strolling through a portfolio. Corporate names tend to appeal more to users too, instead of project numbers.

Perhaps a Next-Prev navigation would be easier to understand. Or maybe someone else’ve got an idea…

# August 11, 2008 at 5:31 am

No problem.

We’ll try to target each problem step by step.

Starting with problem 1, if you do a quick "view source", you will see on line 21 the following:

<script type="text/javascript" src="fileadmin/sarah-neuber/js/myjquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

You need to replace it with :

<script type="text/javascript" src="fileadmin/sarah-neuber/js/myjquery.js"></script>

Once you upload the file, inform me so that we can investigate the other problems.

*There’s a chance that all of them will be fixed once you apply the above modification*

MB

# August 11, 2008 at 8:25 am

No Waiting, No Bidding. Direct Sale Service offers you the best and fastest way to buy everquest 2 plat from game developers directly. You will have the best everquest 2 plat buy, lowest and unbeatable price.

# August 11, 2008 at 8:48 am

Very nice site. I’m a bit of a novice at web design and css, and to me it is very impressive…

Andy

# August 11, 2008 at 10:28 am

@mohamedbitar
    thanks. I should have seen that myself :oops:
    I now pass!!

# August 12, 2008 at 2:18 am

My pleasure…

MB

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".