Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Redesign of my 80s/90s nostalgia site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tommyday

Hey All,

When I first got into web design a couple years ago I designed a blog for my obsession with old cartoons and toys from the 80s and 90s, called Saturday Morning Central.

I abandonded it a couple times but just relaunched it and designed it in WordPress.

I’m still tweaking it a lot, but I’d love to have some feedback!

http://saturdaymorningcentral.com/

TheDoc

I really like the structure and design. My only problem would be the pink/blue color scheme. I don’t think it particularly works with the theme, though that could just be me.

Good job.

tommyday

Thanks, Doc!

Yeah the color scheme was something I’ve used for it since it started, I think it was inspired by all the bright colors of stuff in the 90s like trapper keepers.

Old habits die hard I guess.

TheDoc
    "tommyday" wrote:
    Thanks, Doc!

Yeah the color scheme was something I’ve used for it since it started, I think it was inspired by all the bright colors of stuff in the 90s like trapper keepers.

Old habits die hard I guess.

Yea, I was trying to remember something from my childhood that looked like that, but found it a little difficult so I thought I’d bring it up.

The closest I got would probably be:
    [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/Saved_By_the_Bell_Title_Card.jpg/250px-Saved_By_the_Bell_Title_Card.jpg[/img]

pringshia

I like the design and the color scheme, but I’m not a huge fan of the typography. Century Gothic looks weird.

I think this site is really nice! My only suggestion would be to change the roll-over effect on the menu, I would recommend changing the background of the text to blue on roll-over, then back to pink when on-blue.

Overall I think it is a really nice site!

tommyday

Thanks guys.

I changed the body text, I’m not sure why I had it set to Century Gothic. And thanks Tom, I might try that. I’ve got a similar site I’m going to make another post about too, called Animation on Blu-ray.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.