Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Recommend a good hosting company.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I use two; Bihira for my own site and small client sites, because it has everything I need, albeit somewhat small storage space, and is dirt cheap at $2.50 a month on the cheapest plan. They were recommended by a friend in web dev.

I use TMDHosting for my forum. When I was looking for hosting for the site originally they really stood out as having everything I needed at a good price point, and their customer service is just amazing. I have had a pretty major issue with them where they split my site between two servers during a cleanup of their servers, and half of my members could only see posts before the move while the other half could only see posts after the move, but they ironed it out extremely quickly once I figured out that it was in fact their fault and not something I did. I haven’t had any problems whatsoever since then.

I think, though, that my next large site will be hosted with HostGator. I’ve heard nothing but good about them, and their pricing seems reasonable. Media Temple sounds great too, but the price is a bit high unless you have a multitude of small sites or one big successful site.

babushka
    Participant

Hello :)

I have just discovered this site, and have been watching a few screen casts – love it so far :)

I am in Adelaide, Australia, have been doing web design full-time working from home for the past 5 years or so. I have more than 50 websites under my belt of all sizes and genre.

A GREAT hosting company here is CrikeyHosting, whom I have been using since before I started my own business:

http://www.crikeyhosting.com.au/

Excellent, fast, well-priced hosting and support – assume he has OS clients as well.

Anyway – just my 2 cents ;)

Looking forward to spending more time in here.

Mandi

ikthius

welcome babushka…. ayeeeaaaaaaaaa (sorry, kate bush started to come into my head there)

babushka
    Participant

LOL – thanks ikthius :)

For those looking for a MediaTemple-like provider in the UK I can heartily recommend Tsohost.

Their grid hosting is truly amazing, offering load-balanced redundant hosting on both Linux and Windows from the same account. Ruby on Rails is included as standard too. All sites are stored on their SAN storage array which is replicated to a backup array every 15 minutes (and those backups are available to you).

Beats the pants off every shared hosting provider I’ve used and I’ll be recommending it to all my future clients.

CJBNZ

If anyone just wants something free to experiment with I’d recommend 000webhost.com

Seems to do the job and includes php, mysql, cPanel and a whole heap of other stuff.

Give it a try. It’s free ;)

http://www.000webhost.com/273803.html

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.