Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Structure of a site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nishant
    Participant

Hi, i am doing some practice project. I have a confusion in its structure. The main content of the site has a bg color and a padding (just like a frame of a pic) but it is not applied in homepage.

So, do i need to make homepage main-content differently?

Actually, one of the section of the homepage has same frame(bg color and padding).. Anyways, talk about a link. I searched almost same site..here’s the link – http://goo.gl/Uddss

It is my 1st wordpress/drupal project and that with this amount of pages.

I don’t really know if we can change homepage structure just like this person has done in its demo.

In homepage, he has made different structure. He has taken slider and that box section and did not wrap them in a common structure with other pages.

So, i want to know if that technique is right or do we need to follow same structure in a whole site.. if we follow whole structure, then main-content will be given padding and bg color and it will be automatically applied to homepage and then we will need to make a separate class to remove it from homepage..anyways, hope any1 can help me here. I am still learning. :)

Paulie_D

Many sites have home (or index) pages that are structured slightly differently from the remainder of the pages.

It’s not required, it depends entirely on the aims and requirements for the site &/or individual pages.

Nishant
    Participant

thanks..I think i will follow that person. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.