Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Randomly Generated Number/Text

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scatter_good

I have a dilema! A client wants to be able to give a random code to customers and then provide a download for that code.

How on earth could I go about doing this?

Thanks

Ben Scattergood

TheDoc

Hmmm, generating a number is one thing, tying that to a product is a completely different ball game. Have you thought about implementing any third party services? I know there are a few ecommerce solutions that provide software download support.

Scatter_good

I had but I’d rather keep it to a minimum if possible. Do you know of any that might have this sort of service?

Thanks for the reply!

dhechler

You could write a randomly generated number to the database when creating the item. My first language to go to with this is PHP and a MYSQL database.

Mottie

I’m totally clueless about this stuff, but couldn’t you just encrypt the product SKU (so the random code is always the same length) using umm something like the date as the key… that way it’s a different number each day.

But like I said, I have no idea how to do it.

Scatter_good

That’s actually a top notch idea! That would work perfectly! Thank you both for the contribution!

If you’re interested in live gig recordings have a quick look, see if you’re going to any of the gigs that will be covered.
    Mygig

ALSO, if you have a band, and you want to have your gigs recorded, get in touch on the site. They’ll get back to you!

Cheers again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.