Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Quote Box in Website Heading

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ScriptTease

I launched my WordPress website a week or so ago, and I’m just about finished, but cannot figure out how to add text inside my box located in my header under the Title and tagline, (dawnthescreenwriter.com)

I would really appreciate a “For Dummies” style response on how I can implement text inside the off-white box located in my header.

Thanks,

Dawn

Thommy
    Participant

I’d take your current div with the id=header-left (in your header.php) and change it to:

<div id="header-left">
    <h1 id="title"><a href="http://dawnthescreenwriter.com/" title="Dawn L Rogers">Dawn L Rogers</a></h1>
    <p id="tagline">Writing Vicariously</p>
    <p style="font-family: 'Special Elite',serif; font-size:26px; color:#666; margin:100px 0 0 45px;">Custom Text Here</p>
    </div>"

Of course, once you have it placed the way you want with the right font size I’d copy the inline styles and paste it in your css files, then delete the inline styles. You’ll need to adjust your margins and font-size depending on what text you want.

Hope this helps

ScriptTease

Thanks Thommy and Chris… I plan on having the box a “quote of the week”… I will attempt these instructions, and hopefully I can figure it out without screwing it up. :)

ScriptTease

@Thommy… I played around with code you gave me and some other coding. I’m using the Catalyst theme, and was unable to figure out the CSS and header.php end of it. Everything is in short code. I was attempting to display the coding I used, but cant figure out how to display the coding as you did. :) Thanks, Dawn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.