Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other quick critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, I’m looking for quite a specific critique on a quick mock up I’m working on. This is for a temporary, and I must stress temporary portfolio I’m throwing up in a bit of a rush, as there is a need for it.

My worry is this; is it too complex to just show off half a dozen sites ? is the angled screen detrimental/confusing in any way to the end user?

Should I strip back and go with just a simple straight forward screens of the site and stop being fancy with it. aka, get rid of the icon links to screens, use thumbs instead, ditch the slanted feature screenshot?

I’m just not sure if I’m trying to stylize something that should be simpler.

http://emberapp.com/gregmcausland/image … mp/sizes/o

Ultimately the point is to show of a few sites, but im concerned that the page isn’t as obvious and it could be to a non web industry client.

Cheers,
    Greg

chazzwick

first off, the design is great. i don’t think its too complex. as long as something happens when a user clicks on the big image, you should be fine with non-industry users.

"chazzwick" wrote:
    first off, the design is great. i don’t think its too complex. as long as something happens when a user clicks on the big image, you should be fine with non-industry users.

Thanks chazz, that’s nail on the head the reassurance i needed :D

time to mark it up :)

edit:

This has been red bull inspired, but here’s the finished product. As a temporary measure I’m quite pleased all in all.
    http://www.thelittlephotoshop.co.uk/weeweb/

IE proofing it will have to wait for the morning :oops:

cheers

TheDoc

I like it, simple but gets the job done.

I’d lower the opacity on the drop shadow under the screenshots though, looks a bit heavy.

"TheDoc" wrote:
    I like it, simple but gets the job done.

I’d lower the opacity on the drop shadow under the screenshots though, looks a bit heavy.

You’re absolutely right. I’m not sure what I was thinking when I put it under there, but I ended up just leaving it full on.

Ive taken it right back on the live version.

http://www.thelittlephotoshop.co.uk/weeweb/

TheDoc

Much better!

MrBrightside
    Participant

Beautiful! I really don’t know how I would improve it! I love the nice and wide banners, but then again, I’m a sucker for simplistic design.

Thanks a lot MrBrightside, I really appreciate it :D

brycer

I like it too. I assume it’s for a design firm? Make sure you add, prominently, some contact details so people can contact you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.