Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Putting It Together

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    TheN00b
    Participant

you mean how it doesn’t match ?

I don’t know how to fix that ? :(

darren

do what I did here, but with a bigger sample of the pattern so it doesnt look so choppy,
    http://www.webbeginner.net/help

TheN00b
    Participant

Hi Darren

Thank You the background looks better now. :)

Now I am trying to get the middle section sorted out. I’ll have two text boxes with a separator in the middle. I have one box and now I am trying to get the separator graphic in the middle (just after the text of the middle section).

I hope you can see the separator graphic on the left ! little white line.

How do I get it to show next to text of the middle section (id cmidleft).

Thanks

darren

I thinkk this is what you have in mind

Code:
    .separator {
    margin-left:400px;
    margin-top:-123px;
    TheN00b
    Participant

Thank You Darren

I don’t know why I didn’t think of using Negative Margins. I was thinking I’d have to do display: block !! lol so that I could get the 3 divs to be like blocks next to each other all on the same height !

Would that work by the way ?

Ohh and have I done it all right for that particular section ?

darren

You want 3 text sections for that middle section, going by your psd it looks perfect to me

TheN00b
    Participant

It is only 2 text section for that middle bit .. but yes I agree it looks perfect to me as well :D

I was just wondering whether it could be done in that method I had in mind.

By the way .. It only looks perfect because of YOU :D Thank You So Much.

Now going to move down to the bottom section.

darren

Im not sure bud, im also a newbie only a couple of months experience..As you probably noticed Im looking for help on here. Helping you seems to pass the time while waiting for my own help haha.

TheN00b
    Participant

Hi again

How would I go about achieving the following:

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2mq69ab.png[/img]

Would it be like a list thing ? like I did with the Navigation ?

Thanks

darren

I would say for that I would put them in an unordered list. then set the padding for ul,li and display:inline; this should work

TheN00b
    Participant

Thanks Darren you were right it works like a charm :) Thank You.

Now that a person gets the whole layout coded .. where does one go from here ?

Do you just create a new page and link it to the same style sheet ? Or do you use Dreamweaver Templates ?

What is the best way to go from here for getting the other pages of the site done ?

darren

Depends what you want to do, for your other pages do you want the three rows or do you just want two, depends how you want the rest of the pages to look.
    If they are the same as the home page you can just copy all the code and add different text and rename it

TheN00b
    Participant

A couple of pages will be the same .. and a couple would be different.

For those that are different .. do I copy my CSS to a different style sheet and them rename it and edit as I need.

Or do I add the things to the same CSS style sheet (i.e. just have 1 for all) ?

Which is the best way to go ?

Thanks

darren

Its up to you really if the other pages are very similar it would be better to use the same style sheet, but if they are way different use a new one

TheN00b
    Participant

Thanks Darren

I’ve decided I’ll use the same style sheet. Now I have another problem. I do not know how to make my navigation buttons show active when they are clicked. I want their state to be that of the hover state. so I went and added a:active .. but nothing is happening !

I’d greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.