Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Pseudo Element gradients

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ChrisP
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a css ribbon using gradients instead of a border with pseudo elements, but I’ve come across something I just can’t get around. If you get the chance, [take a look at this pen I put together](http://codepen.io/ChrisPlz/pen/opxIj “”), in both Firefox and Chrome browsers. The issue I’m having is with the :after pseudo element. No matter how I adjust the degree of the gradient, or swap out the order of the colors, I can only seem to get it right on one browser or the other. Any suggestions?

Andy Howells
    Participant

Setting :after’s gradient at 135deg works for me. (Chrome & Firefox). Can you take a screenshot of what you’re looking to achieve? I might be thinking you’re aiming for something you’re not.

wolfcry911
    Participant

are you using the latest Firefox?

wolfcry911
    Participant

Works on OS X 10.8.2 with FF 17.0.1

Andy Howells
    Participant

@ChrisP – I think it’s just one of those shrug moments really, the code is fine so from what I can see it’s a browser bug, unless someone can see something I can’t?

While not exactly an ideal fix, maybe an image/svg fallback as a solution?

theCSSguru

Very odd indeed. Though it’s a tad bit more code, you could just add the -moz- prefix after your `@include`, as such:

&:after {
    @include background-image(linear-gradient(-45deg, darkgreen, green 50%, transparent 50%));
    background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(-45deg, darkgreen, green 50%, transparent 50%);
    right: 0;
    }

It will do the trick for Firefox, only thing I can think of really.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.