Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem with Rounded Corner Transparency…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    victorymoon

Hi Friends,

Here I had attached a zip file that has XHTML, Req transparent Images & CSS. Here I had used transparent Gif’s to get rounded corners. Now the background color is white. i need a background color #303030 But if we change the container’s background color with #303030, Then Rounded Corners’s are not visible in browsers, Because it inherits parent container’s background color.

Is there any way to achieve transparent rounded corner’s?

Thanks in advance
    >Jay

Jonz

If that box is of fixed dimensions, you can make one big rounded corner square (#303030) and put it as the background. Another way of doing this is to put the corners outside of the "left_promo_container"

I take it that it is infact going to be fixed dimentions so the first method I said would be best suited

Edit: If you wanna do it a way that it is fluid horizontally alone you’d have to make a an image for the corners at the right side and put it on a div to the right of a content div.

Again it has to be outside of a div with a background

victorymoon

Hi Jonz

thanks for ur reply, though its an transparent image it inherits the backgroud of the parent container. :(

Jay

"Jonz" wrote:
    If that box is of fixed dimensions, you can make one big rounded corner square (#303030) and put it as the background. Another way of doing this is to put the corners outside of the "left_promo_container"

I take it that it is infact going to be fixed dimentions so the first method I said would be best suited

Edit: If you wanna do it a way that it is fluid horizontally alone you’d have to make a an image for the corners at the right side and put it on a div to the right of a content div.

Again it has to be outside of a div with a background

Jonz

You have to completely remove background color, the rounded image would be used as background color.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.