Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Positioning Sliced Image for Navigation

• # May 3, 2009 at 5:55 pm

I am attempting to code our church’s website in CSS. I am new at this. I am self taught in HTML and Photoshop.
    I created this layout, sliced it, originally coded it in HTML, Firefox rejected it, attempted to fix the other pages- it’s a mess now. Here is the frontpage I’m working on to startover. I can’t seem to center it, especially the sliced navigation. I tried margin: 0 auto; but the nav images lined up centered on top of each other. Googling tutorials on this is confusing. I would like to perfect the site using text properly in CSS, but can you help with a tip on centering this? I understand the importance of these new standards, I will learn kicking and screaming. :? Thank you so much!!

http://www.themasterschurch.org/index2.htm

Code:

Home
    About Us
    Staff
    Coming Events
    Contact Us

# May 3, 2009 at 7:15 pm

you need to put the menu divs within a container div which has margin:auto. give this div position:absolute as well. then you can position absolutely the menu items within it.

# May 3, 2009 at 11:15 pm

You have no idea how much I appreciate the quick reply. I had a feeling it was a container. I think I read way too much information in the past few days…I was seeing double. It was so great to have someone look at the code. This forum is awesome! Thank you so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".