Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Portfolio Site — Critique Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I just finished up the design for the index page of my own portfolio site. Constructive criticism is more then welcome! Enjoy and thank you!

Nick

TheDoc

Looks great, I don’t think I have any problems with it. Would like to see what an inside page looks like though.

One thing I’d remove, is the ability to post comments.

Great! Thanks Doc. I see your point with the comments :)

Overall, I like it. It’s eye catching, and the use of the black background draws the eye in to the portfolio items.

A couple comments:
    — Perhaps some of the links (share on…/view comments) should use a shade of gray, rather than the white, for the button background. At the moment, because they are so bright, that is the first thing I look at, and the actual content on the site is secondary.
    — maybe the "more posts" and "archives" links should go in one line? Currently it seems a bit awkward.
    — I know this is a minor point, but "read further" seems a bit awkward. "read more" would be more natural.
    — you may want to move the testimonials box in the sidebar up on the page, above the share links. Between the two, I would guess that the testimonials is the more important item, because that has a greater chance of bringing in more work.

Cheers!

al_m473
    Participant

Big Foot Canoe rental – that’s been around a bit, eh?

nice to see it back, will need to check it out to see what you have done with the design

Al

Thanks all for the fantastic responses! I’ve done some tweaking and I’ll post an update soon. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.