Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Portfolio design assignment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Attila Hajzer
    Participant

The assignment entailed us to use the one page approach. where all content would be on one page and just scroll. in initial thoughts?

i’ve still gotta add the portfolio images (later) and the proper description. and just noticed the social parts, the images are local. my bad. their there, just not showing.

from my point of view , its seems a little wordy, but i want to hear what you think:

http://jsfiddle.net/attilahajzer/ye3re/1/embedded/result/

thanks again guys.

chrisburton
    Participant

You don’t need to add a `

` tag for “ON THE GO”. Instead use a span and set it as display block. Not to mention, when you want things to be uppercase, do that with CSS (`text-transform: uppercase;}`) not your markup.

From briefly looking at your design, the colors don’t seem to fit well together. I’m also not sure about the wood background but that’s completely my opinion. The typography doesn’t really make sense to me as you’re mostly using Helvetica but then I see Arial as well. Try incorporating some webfonts such as Droid Serif, Droid Sans or Open Sans, etc.

Sapphire

As a graphic designer, I would suggest having a fixed navigation, and make the links scroll to the section? (I believe there’s a script called “LocalScroll” for that, if I’m not mistaking). That would make it a little more user-friendly (especially if using a phone to view the page), and makes an nice impression.

I like the hover effect you have on your portfolio items. It gives off a nice contrast. I suggest keeping consistency with the hover effect with your links (Navigation), where the text would change to that same yellow color. The white is not “popping out” as much, making it look like regular text, rather than a link.

ajnoguerra
    Participant

You are almost there buddy! You’ve done a great job so far. Let me just suggest a couple of things, maybe if you could minimize or tone down the color of your headers as it comes a little too bright in black background. Also you can use web fonts to add style to your texts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.