Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Popup ‘Box’ Overlay??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MikeC

Hey guys,

I am looking for a sort of popup box type thing, so that when users visit my website, a box shows up giving them some info, and then they can just dismiss it when they have read it. I need it to be cross browser so no code that won’t work without things like Javascript(if possible).

I’m not very good at describing what I want and making myself understood, so I’ll show you!
    If you goto the IBM website(http://www.ibm.com/us/) and click ‘IBM Sign In’ at the top right hand side.
    That is pretty much exactly what I want, I will just be displaying some text informing visitors that the site is not quite finished yet, so nothing fancy.

Any idea how to do this? Or even just what you would call them so I can try and find out myself.

Thanks!

Jonz

Well that guys over that PhatFusion.net made up something like that called multibox. Basically its a lightbox script which can contain any type of media.

http://www.phatfusion.net/multibox/

The effect can only be carried out by javascript but they use either mootools or Jquery so it should be cross browser compatable.

If you need any help or further explanations feel free to give me a buz.

Jonz

Hey no probs but I’d recommend using text for optimization purposes if you’re worried about that or not is your decission ^^

Jonz

So I don’t get banned if I say:

Import steam solenoid valve is usually closed two of the two steam solenoid valve imports, imports of steam solenoid valve is usually two to open the import of the two steam solenoid valve, solenoid valve two imported anti-riot two steam-explosion-proof solenoid valve imports, imports of steam solenoid valve two three Normally closed solenoid valve steam imports, imports of the two anti-riot solenoid valve is usually open three import steam solenoid valve, solenoid valve steam imports marked U.S. imports of steam solenoid valve, steam imports of American Standard steam solenoid valve, fuel imports by steam solenoid valve, bistable Import steam solenoid valve, the proportion valve, the valve plunger, special plexiglass valve, with gas imports, such as steam solenoid valve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.