Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

PNG fix without javascript ?

• # November 21, 2008 at 4:09 am

i need a W3C valid and non-javascript solution for making Transpatent PNG to work in IE 6. so user can see transparency if javascript is disable.

box
    # November 21, 2008 at 5:18 am

To be honest, anyone using IE6 is bad enough – but anyone using IE6 with Javascript disabled really doesn’t deserve the rich content that everyone else sees. As long as you can deliver content to them in a readable fashion, then I wouldn’t worry too much about making IE6 look as perfect and rich as other browsers.
    If you must offer such content then you can hand code you IE6 with AlphaImageLoader declarations. If these images are also links, be sure to add cursor:pointer; to your CSS.

# December 5, 2008 at 11:22 am
    "jitendra" wrote:
    i need a W3C valid and non-javascript solution for making Transpatent PNG to work in IE 6. so user can see transparency if javascript is disable.

There is none. Your only options to get real transparency working in IE6 are to use a script (like ie7.js or iepngfix.htc) or use filters. Scripts obviously won’t work if JS is disabled, and "filter" is proprietary to IE, so it won’t validate.

The best you can do is use filter and hide it in a conditional comment for IE6. It still won’t validate, but at least only IE6 will get the non-valid code.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".