Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Plurk?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Biofobico

Im not a big Twitter (or anything related to "microblogging") fan, but Plurk seems a very cool alternative. I was wondering if someone already tried it.

That is a really weird interface. :? I don’t dig it none too much. But yeah, if everyone gets tired of the random untweetability going on with Twitter and dumps it, then we’ll have to go somewhere. Twitter just needs to hurry the hell up and get their engineers to execute a solution. I like Twitter, and cool apps like Twitterific make it fun and easy.

s0v14

I’m no fortune teller, but I’m assuming with the twitter team constantly struggling to deal with increased traffic there isn’t time for innovation or even keeping up with competition. If it isn’t Plurk then something will definitely replace twitter unless they do a serious reconfiguring of their service.

I also heard John Stewart mention twitter the other night. That brings back memories of MTV mentioning Napster right before it blew up in 99, but I’m dating myself there so I’ll hush now.

iamaw

I like the design actually… It seems more practical as an expandable timeline (that’s how it works right?) than just a list of random crap you’ve said over the past few days.

Twitter is okay, I tried it but didn’t stick with it. It seems like it could be a lot better, can’t put my finger on exactly how though…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.