Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

plugin problems

• # January 3, 2013 at 11:34 am

I added a code verification plugin to a comment form but the text area is quite a few pixels off from where it should be over the box image.
    see here (scroll down to form)

I don’t have much experience editing plugins so I’m not sure how to do this one. Any hints?

# January 3, 2013 at 11:41 am

Or, are there any other code verification plugins anyone would suggest?

# January 3, 2013 at 11:42 am

I imagine you’re able to edit the CSS for this input box.

Try;

margin-top: -22px;
    margin-left: 5px;

Not exactly the best way to have it all aligned but I’m just basing that on the CSS you’re already using.

# January 3, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Probably something to do with the way your CSS formats the “input” class throughout your entire site. If the “input” class is styled globally (Using “input {” instead of “.class input {” or “input.class {“), this could be affecting it, given then styles provided for the input included with the plugin. (Or could be overriding the style)

I added this just through console to the input:

Originally it was:

margin-top: 2px;
    margin-left: 14px;

I changed it too:

margin-top: -23px;
    margin-left: 5px;

This to work, however, would require you possibly modifying the plugins CSS, and possibly the Javascript code to add a class specific to that input.

# January 3, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I got it worked out. Thanks guys. @JamesMD and @andy_unleash You were both right. I just haven’t edited much JS. So, it was a good learning experience. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".