Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Please Help Me Review My Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    CodeGraphics
    Participant

I will add my works to the portfolio page soonest.
    Check it and tell me what you think.
    http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/

Justin_G

I really like what you have so far. I would suggest making some smaller text blocks. I feel like there is so much to read, that I want to skip over it. Other than that, I like the colours, layout and textures.

Paulie_D

The typography needs a little work.

Unfortunately, (and this is not an insult) it’s clear that the Queen’s English is not your primary language. It would be worth you having someone review that for you.

Other than that I like it…

leongaban

I like it! But like others have said the typography could use some work… try smaller fonts, more margin space between copy / text blocks… they need to breath…

Also the image collages could use a lot of work

ani7ruddha
    Participant

Too much of green you can replace with similar blue used in our usernames :)

CodeGraphics
    Participant

Thank u all. More review pls. @Paulie_D, thank u so much. I actually went through the write-ups again and found some wrong spellings. Sure, English is my second language.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Isn’t that the “Above the Influence” logo?.

Alen
    Participant

> Your images should either highlight your work or support your brand by invoking some kind of feeling or concept.

This.

@CodeGraphics
    , the images add no value. As a potential client, what value do I get from seeing bunch of devices arranged in a collage? Do you sell phones? Apps? It’s very confusing and it dominates top of the page where real estate is so important. You need to grab your visitors attention and guide them. And your images do the opposite. What benefit does seeing HTML5, CSS, etc. logo add to the value you are trying to communicate to potential clients? Do your potential clients care about what technology you use or do they just need a website? You need to get to the point and simplify. The most important thing is to communicate you value to your client, what can you do for them, how can you solve their problem. So again get to the point and avoid obstacles.

chrisburton
    Participant

Web 2.0 like images meet modern devices. Kidding (but not really).

The type certainly should be improved. There’s no contrast between your headings and text. I’m not a big fan of “noise/film grain” texture so I’m automatically going to dislike it, at least like this.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

@AlenAbdula, i get your point. i will work on the points. thank u.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

But, @AlenAbdula, which concept of image do you suggest i put there. i can perfectly see that those array of phones make no or little sense.

ani7ruddha
    Participant

@codegraphics check inbox

CodeGraphics
    Participant

@ani7ruddha, i checked, but i dont understand the message.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.