Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Please critique my website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    artbyia87
    Participant

Hi, I’m selling my art prints and vinyl decals on my website. I’ve had my website up for a couple of months. Please critique it. All opinions are welcomed. Thanks.
    http://www.artbyleonard.com

ccc630

Hi Leonard,

A couple thoughts. First, I think the gray color scheme gives the site too washed-out a feel and somehow makes it feel dated (not sure what combo of elements is doing it, but the design feels very dated to me). Second, I would recommend getting rid of the hit counter at the bottom — again, a very dated touch. Finally, at the very least you need to give the menu items on the left, vertical menu some padding or margin so the first letters aren’t hidden by the list image: at first I couldn’t figure out what A.Q. would be, since the F was virtually invisible. :)

Chris

snillor

I agree with the points mentioned above.

A few other observations:

Why call it “Home Page” in the nav bar? Simply “Home” seems better to me.

Your page named “Links” has just one link and it’s not clear how it relates to your site or what one will find there, so there’s nothing to make me want to visit it. Definitely need more links (or no link page at all until you have more), and maybe some indication (could be actual text on your links page, or windows that appear when the links are hovered) of what the linked sites are all about.

The image at top right looks like it’s had the aspect ration skewed. If this was done intentionally to fit into a specific space, I think a better solution would be to crop the photo to the needed width & height proportions.

Your artwork is rather impressive. But your site doesn’t do it justice. A little work bringing the quality of your site up so it’s closer to the quality of your art sounds like it’d be worth the effort.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.