Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Please critique my design :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    grimslayer
    Participant

Hi,

Please can you critique my design please.

http://gencomms.co.uk

All comments are welcome . . . . .

Waffle

Hey

1) Logo could be clearer, I don’t know if it is but.. It looks slightly pixelated.
    2) Buttons also… hmm, they seem like you’ve made it in Artisteer or something, take some time to make them better.
    3) Footer padding, why is the text not in the middle of the footer?

Critisism complete.

grimslayer
    Participant

Thanks waffle.

The logo is pixilated because that is what they sent me. They did not want to pay me to re-do the logo so that is why.

The nav is a bit ropy because that is the 1st CSS navigation I have done ever. It Was done last nite after reading these posts so I do take in criticism well :p

I don’t know what Artisteer is so couldn’t have used that :p

Thanks for the criticism.

Any more welcome . . .

OniLinkCR

Hello, if I must. :p

I don’t like the gradient too much, make it a bit softer, less obvious that there is one. Furthermore, the borders on the menu items, try to make insets with CSS by doing a border-right, border-left with 1px solid #fff and a darker colour.

Also, the site lacks symmetry; the borders need to be perfectly aligned with the content (main content).

That’s about it; the gradient is the biggest turn off and ironically the most recurrent thing we did when we were new at designing; it’s the point of making the gradients hard. Mix those colors right and you shall see.

treyrust

I agree 100% with waffle and onilinkcr. and might I add. I really don’t like how its lined up, it feels like the nav and the content are just sitting in the middle of nowhere.

other than that its quite a start!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.