Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Playing audio on page + mouse tracking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    grimski
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m not sure where to start with this so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I was just playing about with a parallax image and I thought it would be interesting to look at playing audio on the page.

Playing an mp3 would be easy enough (i assume), but I wondered about having 2 different audio files. One which plays when your mouse is on the left side of the screen and another which plays when your mouse is on the right side of the screen. With the two fading in the middle, kinda like a range.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any ideas on where to start?

Thanks,
    Steve

Paulie_D

It’s an old debate but in my experience most users really dislike music playing BY DEFAULT on websites.

That’s not to say sound does not have it’s place but only when the user requests it.

Anyway, my 2c

As for two files running at the same time (essentially), it guess it shouldn’t be that hard but controlling the volume of BOTH based on mouse position…sounds like it would be a memory hog.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.