Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Placement/Intership advice!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    antonio_89
    Participant

Hi all,

I am currently doing a degree in Interactive Media @ Bournemouth Uni(England) and as part of my degree I am required to go on a 4 week professional placement/internship at the end of my second year. The aim is observe, contribute and generally learn from professionals in an office/agency enviornment.

I had an interview with a big marketing agency yesterday and I got offered a role as a front-end developer in the digital department as part of my placement and I’m a bit worried as to what is exactly expected of me.

I have worked freelance on a number of projects throughout the two years I’ve been at university and consider my self to be junior with regards to front end development. I would really like to pursue it as a career so I think it’s vital that I make the best impression possible.

I guess my question is; Is there any tips, tricks or just general advice that you could give me? What are the sort of qualities that employers/colleagues value in such an environment?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

PS:

CSS TRICKS ROCKS! :-)

Antonio.

Make sure you actually learn something. Show initiative, and accept all the feedback you get. don’t just follow briefings like a sheep. Be creative and have arguments why you did something.

And just be a nice guy in general :D

antonio_89
    Participant

Great, thanks for your advice Abel! :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.