Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

PHP/MYSQL cms – Making your own?

• # June 26, 2008 at 6:50 am

Hey.
    I was wondering if it is practicable to try to make my own CMS system, just a simple one, with php and MYSQL.
    Unfortunately there are not many tutorials on the internet about this area or so it seems.
    I have a decent knowlage of php, html and css.
    cheers,
    James

box
    # June 26, 2008 at 7:15 am

I make my own as it gives more control over what you have in it and how it works – and you don’t have to sift trhough all of the extra unwanted stuff that comes bundled in a ready-made.
    If you want to have an idea of how to make your own CMS, then just think about what you want it to do and research those constituent elements – then use your skills and flair to tie the separate elements together.
    The crucial element of your CMS will be the initial planning stage – it is from this plan that you’ll construct your database, so it needs to be right.

# June 26, 2008 at 4:12 pm

I can really recommend to make your own cms-system. It’s a lot of work, but it gives you way more freedom and posibilities. And you can make it just the way you want it. A cms like joomla can do a lot, but in my opinion it has way to much for a usual website. With your own cms you can make the things just how you want it to be. And once you made that cms you can use it more often for other websites. Good luck!

# June 27, 2008 at 2:22 am

Thanks for your replies.
    are there any usefull tutorials that could point me in the right direction
    Thanks,
    James

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".