Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other phpmyadmin for any server

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mattvot

Hey Guys!

Following a conversation on another thread with AshtonSanders I decided to create a website that allows anyone to use the local phpmyadmin setup on any server they want.

So I have two questions while it is still being developed.

Why does the png logo in the header have a fuzzy border?

and

How do I keep the password field displaying the text "Password" but when clicked and typed into it uses the asterisks?

What do you think of the design so far?

http://development.phpyouradmin.com/

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Hahaha. That’s awesome.

I think the design is a little huge, but I’m proud of you for getting that domain.

I will mention that there are immense security issues with this kind of thing, and I’m not a pro at SQL/PHP hacking but i know it can be crazy…

mattvot

Yeh, i was surprised nobody else had taken the domain already! I was also very astonished at how fast godaddy register domains! I normally go with 1and1 and it takes like 3 hours. But godaddy did it in like 10 mins.

Large and simple is what I’m going for design wise. I’ve also run into some security issues as you predicted. I’ll try and work around these. :D

So, to any php developers around that are willing to help, "How do I get past the token ‘device’ with phpmyadmin without MAJOR modifications to the core files?"

TheDoc

Re: the PNG – are you making sure you’re saving it as a PNG-24 and NOT PNG-8?

mattvot

i’ve heard png-24has cross compatibility problems, correct?

apostrophe
    Participant

PNG-24 doesn’t work in ie6, but there are numerous fixes you can apply if you think it’s worth it. Can’t imagine there are too many developers using ie6 :D lol.

mattvot

true, I will go png-24 then :) thanks for the clarification apostrophe

mattvot

Hey Ashton!!!

It wasn’t as hard as I imagined. Beta testing is up now http://www.phpyouradmin.com/

It just uses cookies to store host variables for the security. Only you know what server you log into. Only one file modified within phpmyadmin itself.

I’m kinda proud of it. My first live PHP project.

apostrophe
    Participant

Kudos man! 8-)

If I ever need phpmyadmin for a server I know where to look. ;)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.