Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

phpBB – Is it good

• # October 29, 2008 at 9:02 pm

This is probably a direct question for Chris but I will be launching a forum shortly and noticed that your forum is powered by phpBB, I guess I just wanted to know if you have had any problems or issues with styling and get it to look how you wanted.

Any feedback would be great

# October 30, 2008 at 10:52 pm

What you are looking at is pretty much a totally raw installation of phpBB 3. All I did is wrap my skin around it and that’s it. It’s been alright, although even with the CAPTCHA quite a bit of spam gets through. It definitely has some quirks. I’ve managed to completely bork it before trying to upgrade and by the skin of my ass I saved it. Now some admin functions just totally hang, and I have to reload to fix it (hard to explain). Another issue is that the email notifications never have worked (which sucks). Another issue is that the search kinda sucks… Ha. I guess that’s a lot of problems. But still I feel overall it’s pretty nice.

# November 4, 2008 at 1:36 am

Yeah well thanks for the feedback, you should at least be happy with the overall look of it tho, after doing some more scratching I have decided to go with vBulletin.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".