Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP Get Current Time HELP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ajnoguerra
    Participant

Hi, I’m currently working on a Download request link system. It involves a client that will input his email then the system will generate a **link** that will be sent to the email provided. This link contains the email which is converted to md5 and the time that it has been generated (for purpose of link expiration). I’m just confused with the time stamp since the system will be used by clients all over the world, how am I supposed to get there own time stamp and convert it to my server time so that I could make a valid expiration query.

I hope you get me. I’m really having trouble here. ;(

chrisburton
    Participant

This is completely out of my area but what about grabbing the user’s local timestamp with Javascript and then using that data with PHP?

and @traq answers. I should have refreshed.

ajnoguerra
    Participant

@traq , hey sorry for not responding quickly. It took me overnight to understand everything. I googled a lot of different definitions of Time, GMT, Epoch and everything concerning PHP Time stamp till I finally understand not just the meaning but how they work and then I finally understood what were you trying to explain with the code you had given. And now I’m laughing at myself :D HAHA I was that slow… Anyway. Thank you guys @traq, @chrisburton for giving attention to my question. Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.