Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other PHP Contact Form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GreyFox135
    Participant

Hi I’m getting blank email messages from a contact form I set up on a site. Completely blank. I’m using PHP to run it. Here’s an example of what I get:

Quote:
    Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:00 AM
    To: [email]
    Subject: Contact Form Submission

Name:
    It never happened before, but now I’m getting 2-3 of these a day. Can anyone help? Do I need to ask one of those "what’s 2+2" questions?

How would I do that?

Any help is much appreciated.

GreyFox135
    Participant

Thanks for the response guys! I’m still having trouble. Okay, I’m a rookie here. Sry…

Here’s the site I’m working on. http://www.faulknerventures.com/contact

Here is the PHP:

Code:
    “);

// redirect to success page
    // CHANGE THE URL BELOW TO YOUR “THANK YOU” PAGE
    if ($success){
    print ““;
    }
    else{
    print ““;
    }
    ?>

I’m so sorry if I’m really missing something here, but I don’t know how to fix this my self.

How do I validate? Any help is much appreciated!

Chris, I tried using your example on your screencast. Did I miss something?

GreyFox135
    Participant

Dude! You are the best!! I’m starting to understand the way this works. I’m not PHP literate yet, but your help has been an awesome resource!

I did encounter something odd with the code you provided though and I’ve been trying to fix it.

Seems like the new mail function is sending the thank you email to the "MAILTO" and not from the person who made contact on the web page. Any idea what I’m missing here.

Again, I really appreciate all your help. I also just got myself a lynda.com premium subscription so I’ll be on my way to learning PHP. :D

GreyFox135
    Participant

IK,

Thanks dude! You’re the best. Your post really helped out and it seems like the spam has stopped.

Yes, I have @sbcglobal.net on there because I built the site for my mother in law and she wanted to use her regular e-mail and not a @faulknerventures.com one…

I tested it out and seems to be working fine.

Again, thank you soooo much!

-Grey

GreyFox135
    Participant

Yea, I asked and she has it all set up with her personal account. She’s a local artist who just wants something up and running. Guess it doesn’t bother her much. What ever the client wants, right? ;)

I’m really happy with the contact form and am happy you helped me with the PHP!

I’m off to lynda.com to keep learning more and more about web design/development.

Again, thank you very much for your help! You’re the best!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.