Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP Article Template

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    danielpox

Anyone have a template of a static page design in PHP were certain divs get thier data from a variable given by the user?
    Get it? :/ No WP!

danielpox

I’m trying to create an article system without any WordPress or that kind of stuff but I really just don’t know where to begin. I’m thinking like, in the document the user sees there’s this code:

iP5T - <?php echo $aH ?>

iPhone 5 Thoughts

-

But the thing is, how do I make these articles and actually send them into this template which then creates a file with the specific data?

Please help..

danielpox

Help please? :(

danielpox

Seriously, anyone?? Either no one has seen this post or you don’t understand my question.. :/

chrisburton
    Participant

I’m not that knowledgeable in PHP but it sounds to me like you’d be creating a ton of variables to echo out each article.

danielpox

Well that doesn’t really help me.. But I guess you’re quite right.

chrisburton
    Participant

Although it may not be ideal, you could just use WordPress for a blog only and have the rest of your site the way it is now.

danielpox

I know, except that I really want to try this by my own. I actually think it’s quite easy the way I’m thinking of it, just that I don’t really know HOW to write it in PHP.

chrisburton
    Participant

It sounds easy but it doesn’t seem to be. How are you going to get different articles with the same “$aC” variable? The way I see it you would have to create a different one for each article.

danielpox

Well, I’m thinking like that every article has it’s own page ‘article-title.php’ and on the front page there’s just a couple iframes? Simple as that, that database suggestion is good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.