Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Personal Website Design Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently put the finishing touches on my personal website, timothy.expert. I’m wondering what you think of it, if there is anything I should change. Specifically, I’m worried about the big background image at the top. It takes a long time to load and without it, everything looks a little too minimalistic.

Kingslayer
    Participant

Hi i like the look in general. But maybe you could use fewer images in the background to get better load times. they are so toned down that maybe 1 is enough.

What i really dislike is the spacing on the textboxes. To little on the left way to much top and bottom. Under Recent works the images are to little and the text feels lost and does not line up with the Image.

I just tried to show you what i mean really quick in my browser.

http://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2014-07acokr.png

This is what it should look like to me.

Also if you do not have to write alot about your projects you might wanna put the text beneath the images. But i would also try to write a little more about those projects.

http://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2014-074hd2u.png

Something like this maybe. With bigger images so you can actually see something on the preview img.

Elsewhise i like it, and wish you the best of luck =)

Fabi

Tim
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the advice!

jo
    Participant

A couple of quick suggestions.

• Your opening headline could be bigger. Seems like it’s floating in a big space.
    • What I Do: Descriptions could be more similar in length/wordcount.
    • Recent Works: Have you tried using a representative image instead of a screenshot?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.