Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Personal Website Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ben_boomer
    Participant

Hello all– I wanted to throw my personal portfolio website out to you to see what I can improve on/what you think. Let me know:
    http://ben-boomer.com/

Cheers,
    Ben

stillb4llin

small X’s on the modal pop ups.. would be pretty easy to make that background be a clickable area that would close it. I don’t like some of the effects, but that is just my personal choice… Good luck, overall looks very good.

chrisburton
    Participant

I think if you give the H1’s a border-bottom of `1px dotted #aaa`, it will look a little better. I would also increase the spacing between the H1 and border. The color palette could be worked on a bit more as well.

David_Leitch
    Participant

Looks good, but a couple of things spring to mind:

I would make a clearer call to action, so a large Contact Me button, or your email/phone number in a large font-size. I would also have your full name somewhere on the page. I think you could have a lot more information in the header while maintaining the clean, simple layout that you have.

While it’s common to spell résumé as ‘resume’, I would have it with the accents on here. At the moment, it could easily be mistaken for meaning ‘to start again’.

I think I would have an about us page on the site, rather than linking directly to your LinkedIn page. That way you can control exactly what’s on it and how it’s formatted.

I feel like the background texture may be a little overpowering or overused. I would maybe try having sections with just a flat colour to contrast the texture. Perhaps the titles could have a white background or the sections of work examples.

On the whole, though, looking good :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.