Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Personal Site, Feedback is Appreciated

• # July 22, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Hello, all. I am soon launching a personal site/blog that’d I like to share with you all for some feedback. I’m fairly new to CSS and WordPress, so I went with a minimalistic design. I’m open to any suggestions!

Since I’m running the site on a local server right now, I can only show an image. Sorry about that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwalk/2694006636/sizes/o/

Please note that the large grey box will be replaced by a photograph and that all text is filler text (minus the Twitter feed).

# July 24, 2008 at 12:28 am

Unfortunately, unless we can see the code, there is little we can comment on besides the design, which looks fine. =)

# July 25, 2008 at 6:23 am

Ok, as far we can speak about the design, here is my list with feedback (no offence, just some things that maybe could be better):

* Make your text-columns less width. They feel just a little to big now
    * Maybe add some color somewhere. I like the design, but it just misses that final (we call it in Holland the point on the i). I don’t know what I miss in there, but I miss something.
    * Line up the first header ‘about the nerds’ with the picture (?)
    * I like the twitter-feed. Maybe also just a little bit less width (?)

# August 14, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Here is my two cents:

The general site looks good and I like the design.

You need to separate the sections a little better. You can do this in several ways:
    1. Make the headings a little bigger so they are not the same size as the content text(I know they are all caps to separate but size would help too.

2. Put the sections into colored boxes maybe even just a dark gray so it isn’t extremely far from your current color but give it just that little bit of difference or go for white boxes to give that extra contrast and then make the text black.

End of my two cents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".